Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Odessey and Oracle - The Zombies

I am going to start off by making two points:
1. Odessey and Oracle is one of my all-time favorite albums.  
2. It has received no where near the recognition it should.

Most people only know 'Time of the Season' and when the best albums of the 60's are discussed Odessey and Oracle is often left out in favor of:
Revolver
Abbey Road
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart Club
The White Albums
Are you Experienced?
Blonde on Blonde
Rubber Soul
Highway 61 Revisited
Pet Sounds
The Velvet Underground and Nico
Etc......

I'm not saying that these albums aren't great, they are. All I'm saying is that Odessey and Oracle should be mentioned right up there with those albums. 
It is one of the greatest albums of the 60s.
It is one of the greatest psychadelic albums.
And in my opinion one of the greatest albums ever.

But before I start actually reviewing the album... heres the track listing.










I am currently listening to Odessey and Oracle over and over on my iPod in order to better write a review.

I will post the review when I am done.

For now here is a YouTube video of 'Time of the Season'.
Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment